It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
The Network Engineer is responsible to help scale our rapidly growing network infrastructure and supporting our existing LAN, WAN, and VoIP infrastructures at all branches. This individual holds technical and operational responsibility for all network devices including routers, firewalls, switches, load balancers. The Network Engineer must be well versed in advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
- Monitor and analyze network/system logs for security and performance issues with tools such as PRTG, Netflow and provide metrics in this area.
- Participates as a member of the Network team and collaborates on any security, firewall or networking administration matters.
- Possesses expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, multi-protocol routing concepts, VPN’s, IP/ARP/MAC, troubleshooting VLAN and/or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT issues.
- Proven experience and knowledge with Data Center Environments, Cloud and Co-location.
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends new solutions and technologies.
- Participates in the on-call support rotation for monitoring and outages.
- Maintains a highly available and scalable network environment.
- Prepares periodic maintenance plans and complies with change management procedures.
- Must be analytical, organized, and detail oriented, conscientious of time commitments and management’s requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of network architecture including switching, routing, trunking, VLANS, subnetting, 802.11 wireless, and IP utilities.
- Routing protocols OSPF, RIP, ISIS, BGP, EIGRP.
- WAN connectivity such as T1/T3, DS3, OC3, OC12, Metro-Ethernet and SD-WAN solution such as Aryaka and SilverPeak.
- Extensive technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, Hillstone VPN etc.).
- Extensive knowledge in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and a deep understanding of how to support these applications/protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Technical qualifications should include experience with some or all of the following: Cisco networks, Cisco UCS, F5 load balancer, Barracuda Load Balancer.
- Extensive networking knowledge of public and private cloud services including VMware, AWS and Aliyun.
- Familiarity with PCI/DSS and SOX.
Experience and Education
- Generally requires a minimum 4- 8 years of expertise in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. An emphasis in Computer Information Systems is preferred
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!