Merchandising Manager at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:17 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 10, 2021
At GOAT Group, the Product Management team is responsible for driving our vision forward. Working alongside engineers and product designers, we oversee the development of new and groundbreaking tools for both buyers and sellers, ensuring they have the best possible experience across all our platforms. As a member of this team, you will be instrumental in developing new ways to connect our customers with the greatest selection of products from the past, present and future.
GOAT is seeking a Merchandising Manager responsible for ensuring a best-in-class customer experience by leveraging data analytics, industry trends, and competitive research in order to maximize customer conversion and retention. You will work across both GOAT app and website, and Flight Club website, with a focus on presenting featured releases, promotions, shoppable collections, product carousels, and “trending” spotlight in a way that drives engagement and GMV. The right Merchandising Manager will have a deep understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in fashion/sneakers, and a passion for user experience to continuously optimize and drive the merchandising strategy forward.
The position will be accountable for ensuring timely and accurate production of content and related merchandise modules and will work cross-functionally with the Product, Marketing, and Business Development teams to achieve sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets, and corporate goals. This role requires a balance of day-to-day-tactics and longer-term contributions to the future of our app and website.
In this role you will:
- Maintain and optimize a daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly merchandise content calendar while maintaining a keen awareness of the industry landscape and broader fashion and e-commerce shopping trends.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Content teams to ensure a cohesive visual product story across all customer-facing channels.
- Work closely with the existing merchandising team to continuously evaluate and improve GOAT and Flight Club’s merchandising strategies.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to ensure brand and product mix is aligned with the overall vision and customer.
- Manage key categories and collections utilizing customer behavior data, including product/content views, pricing, conversion, sell-through and engagement to inform content and product strategies.
- Leverage web and app analytics to understand customer touch points and engagement to help identify business opportunities and risks.
- Continually drive improvements to the content management system experience by partnering with product and engineering to influence roadmap features and functionality.
- Design, execute and evaluate a/b and multivariate testing opportunities to continuously optimize the merchandising strategy.
- Synthesis and present merchandising strategy and optimizations to key stakeholders.
- Work with the product and product catalog team on taxonomy optimization.
We are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in digital merchandising, preferably in fashion / retail
- Understanding of retail e-commerce landscape
- Ability to interpret and synthesize meaningful patterns and themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Proven communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- A keen eye for design and high interest in translating our brand aesthetic through product offering
- Solid knowledge of Google Suite and the ability to quickly learn internal systems, processes, and additional software/web-based applications
- Proven ability to function well in a collaborative environment
- High aptitude to work within deadlines, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with and present to people at all levels
- Self-motivated, resourceful with a creative mindset
- Keen attention to details
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description