Marketplace- Sr. Ops Specialist at NEXT Trucking
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
- Manage the entirety of a drayage container’s lifecycle- from receipt to termination
- Interface with shippers and carriers alike to handle any complexities that may arise
- Work with the account management team to guarantee the highest levels of service are attained
- Help to guide drivers navigate a variety of issues and work with the appropriate parties through resolution
- Collect data, analyze insights, and provide recommendations for key projects aimed at improving the Next operational team
- Cross-departmental collaboration with the Sales, Product, Engineering, and Onboarding teams to help build a seamless experience for our customers and carrier
- Ensure consistent and accurate data by maintaining master files and updating customer records
- Manage and act upon information across multiple platforms
- Be an internal and external escalation point for issues that arise during day to day operations
- Own and analyze metrics to gauge the health of the Marketplace and identify areas needing attention
- Recognize and help drive opportunities for continuous improvements within Operations and the Product
- Train new hires as needed and ensure proper procedures and processes are adhered to
- Bachelor's degree required, 3-5 years of work experience preferred
- Technologically proficient, curious, detail oriented, organized, data driven individuals
- A quick learner who is adaptable in a rapidly changing environment
- A problem solver with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a thorough understanding of the intricacies of the drayage industry in the Los Angeles/Long Beach area
- The ability to work well under pressure and make decisions where necessary
- Good social and presentation skills
- GPA Required
* Competitive Salary
* Bonuses based on growth and achievements
* Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available
* Join a rapidly growing tech company at a very early stage