Market Manager, Postmates Live at Postmates Inc.
Postmates is the leading on-demand delivery platform with more than 500,000 merchants, 500,000 fleet members (we call them Postmates) in more than 3,500 cities.
The Marketing and Communications team is responsible for managing and growing the Postmates brand by telling the Postmates story at scale in engaging and innovative ways. We are a high-energy team with a passion for people, culture, brand and great storytelling. If you’d like to belong to one of the country’s most dynamic and forward thinking teams, come tell us your story.
We’re looking for a leader to join our Postmates Live team and support our Southwest regional efforts. You are joining a new team that is responsible for bringing Postmates to life in unique and exciting ways at some of the country’s most relevant and highest attended live events -- from music festivals to sports and concerts.
The Postmates Live Market Manager will be directly responsible for managing partner relationships and leading a team focused on flawless execution of the Live program at various venues throughout the southwest region. This is a highly cross-functional role where you will interact heavily with our merchant, business development, experiential, and engineering teams.
You must be a creative and critical thinker who is excited to innovate and loves bringing a leading consumer brand to life in new and exciting ways. Your creativity will be matched by your operational chops and you will have knowledge of the sport and entertainment industry. You love leading a team on the go, you will be calm under pressure, quick on your feet, and passionate about connecting consumers to the Postmates brand via experiences. You should probably be OK braving crowds from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of people, too.
- Execute the Postmates Live strategy across the Southwest and bring Postmates to life through flawless operational integration with live event properties
- Hire, lead and motivate a team of 3-8 venue coordinators who will be directly responsible for on-site activation and operations
- Lead ongoing cross-functional meetings and efforts to promote efficiency and collaboration
- Manage day-to-day relationships with key contacts at venues and sports franchises
- Collaborate with the broader Postmates Live team on playbook and resource development
- Maintain budgets and ensure accurate reporting across each regional venue
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for all southwest programs
- Oversee all venue launch events and occasionally attend shows, games, and festivals to coordinate delivery of on-site assets and activation components
- 5+ years of professional experiential and/or operational experience with knowledge of technology, entertainment and sports
- Proven success leading cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong project management skills, creative thinking and analytical ability
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Willing and able to travel and some evening and weekend events will be required
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)