Manufacturing Process Engineer at Ecosense Lighting
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
The primary role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to develop and support the manufacturing process for all Ecosense products. The candidate will work closely with the design engineers, the suppliers, and the production team to ensure new products and custom designed products meet the ES quality standard, the project schedule and customer OTD requirement. The candidate will review and improve the existing processes, implement new tools and jigs, influence the team and lead the production floor to continuously improve throughput and quality.
Production Support Duties:
- Study and understand the company’s products detailed construction and materials requirements and the manufacturing methods used to produce each component and finished product.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from supplier’s production staff.
- Leads new and custom designed product development through multiple project stages.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Evaluates and selects automation equipment to reinforce existing production line for scaling the output.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information and subject leadership in cross-functional programs.
- Ensure ES and Lumium products and manufacturing process comply with government/regulatory requirements.
- Keep equipment operational and compliant to process requirements by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Develop process metrics and process monitoring methods to track equipment and production performance. React fast when any process is off normal.
- Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing production information and trends. Prepares reports.
- Oversee factory execution for special customer order request.
- Assist team to achieving world class OTD for customers
Quality Support Duties:
- Participate in setup of product quality plan, production test plan, process capability study, quality control documents and follow up implementation results.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with production team for quality problems detection and problem solving during the new product introduction stage and mass production stage
- Implement preventive measurement on product quality, such as KPIs on Rolled Throughput Yield (YRTP), Outgoing QC DPPM, IQC, field failure and Production Line Audit tasks
- Setup quality process for planning, documentation, review, traceability and implementation, including Supplier Engineering & Process Changes
- Provide training of manufacturing process, equipment operation, and quality processes.
- Works cross functionally with Product Engineering, Logistics, Customer Operations/Order Management, QA and Demand Planning
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or 5 years of working experience in the related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in new product development or introduction in a factory environment. 5+ years desired.
- Demonstrated success in hands-on problem solving in product NPI and mass production.
- Lean manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers desired. Willing to travel to CM when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to speak and write in English. Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to follow instruction as well as to work independently.
- Team player
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.