Manager, Title Governance at NBCUniversal (Greater LA Area, CA)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Title Governance Team is responsible for accurate and timely maintenance and distribution of NBCUniversal (NBCU) product title metadata and unique identifiers worldwide. Title Governance provides data governance, establishes process, monitors compliance, and resolves data-related issues across NBCU entertainment business units, including Peacock, feature film, broadcast and cable television, direct-to-video, digital media, consumer products, News, and Sports. The Global Title Management (GTM) application is the primary tool used by Title Governance and its related businesses to collect and distribute title ID's and metadata.
The Manager, Title Management is a role that requires management level collaboration across all aspects of the business and relata data domains. The right individual will provide strategy, subject matter expertise, and direction on all aspects that are associated with our title data. The candidate will be a natural leader to oversee a global team.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Identify and create requirements for system enhancements to increase operational effectiveness and productivity through improved processes and technology
- Establish and enforce data quality, standards, and governance
- Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of moderately-to-highly complex projects, including approval, planning, execution, and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time
- Responsible for quality metrics and reporting and for operational, title and asset metadata integrity consistently delivering 99.999% reliability
- Manage all client & partner engagement, and troubleshooting
- Anticipate the evolving data and information needs of a rapidly growing industry to service the demand growing demand on data coming from internal business units.
- Participate in strategic business planning, and identify data related business implications, opportunities, and change initiatives to meet strategic plans and growth initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in technical or quantitative discipline, or significant relevant work experience
- 5+ years of professional work experience in the motion picture, television and/or home entertainment industry
- Strong leadership skills, with proven ability to coordinate team members across disparate global teams
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to assess, identify and implement best practices
- Excellent sense of customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to tailor to all levels of an organization
- Must be willing to work remotely and in the Universal City office
- Maintains a high level of data integrity
- Knowledge of studio-wide operations, including distribution (theatrical, TV, home video), legal/contract analysis, finance/accounting, and technical services
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and presentation skills
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative, able to build strong relationships with cross-functional teams
- Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
- Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and significant change
- Enthusiasm around metadata and unique identifiers
- Previous experience working with remote teams
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $80,000 - $100,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.