Seniority Level: Manager
Location: Long Beach, CA or Remote
About the role and about you:
We are looking for a seasoned Manager of Release Management to lead our Release Management team at Zwift. You will own Release Management practices for the Product Development organization, while mentoring and growing the Release Management team to ensure everything we release is knowable and predictable. You will continue to expand our world class team to meet the current and future needs of Zwift. You will lead with empathy while showing what Total Ownership looks like. You will be full time remote and your team is globally distributed, you should be comfortable leading in that environment. This person will report to the head of Live Operations.
What you'll do:
- Own Release Management practices for the Product Development organization, included yet not limited to: game client, companions app, web, internal tools, and platform service releases
- Foster deep partnerships across the organization, including Product Development, Creative, Customer Support, Marketing, IT, InfoSec, Platform, and Infrastructure, ensuring that each group has the insight they need to deliver against releases
- Quantitatively measure operational success in releases of software, and create reporting to visualize trends over time in partnership with Engineering, QA, Program Management, and Product Management
- Work with your counterparts in LiveOps to drive for improvements in process and tooling that level up the quality of releases while also allowing us to release painlessly
What we’re looking for:
- Experience managing, mentoring, and growing teams of Release Management professionals
- Deep applied expertise in Release Management practices and at least 5 years of experience supporting live games and/or SaaS environments
- Experience delivering web and client applications, as well as backend services
- Knowledge of how to integrate release management into cross-functional teams using agile and lean development approaches
- Enthusiasm for video games, esports, cycling, running, and other active lifestyles
- A Zwifter or familiar with the platform
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.