Manager of Office Operations
Manager of Office Operations
sweetgreen – LA treehouse
The Office Manager role is an ideal position for an organized multi-tasker who is willing to handle a challenge of any size–from planning events for hundreds of people to ordering weekly snacks for the office. This person will be the face of the office, greeting and ensuring that every visitor experience is flawless and that our work environment is optimal. The role is perfect for someone with facilities management experience that is looking to grow into a more strategic operations role.
We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain an extraordinary work environment for all our employees. This individual must also have a proven track record of providing excellent customer service and creating memorable experiences for visitors. A person who will thrive in this role is ready to get exposed to many sides of our business and build strong internal and external relationships. This role will support the entire office in day-to-day operations and work very closely with the executive team.
The role reports to the Chief of Staff, based in our Los Angeles office.
- Seamlessly manage the daily operations of our current headquarters and office spaces
- Provide excellent customer service from end-to-end for candidates & visitors, going above and beyond the normal guest experience
- Curate cultural programming for our internal customers
- Set and enforce expectations and office policies, resetting/implementing “house rules” as needed
- Manage relationships with property management and all vendors relating to repairs and maintenance plumbing, electrical, cleaning, furniture, office supply procurement, movers, pest control, plants, appliances, mail, and catering, ensuring that contractual obligations are being met by third parties
- Develop strategy on workspace usage to ensure sweetgreen is a great place to work efficiency and productivity
- Manage office standards and aesthetic, ensure the general work environment, meeting rooms, equipment, and supplies consistently meet expectations
- Proactively diagnose and resolve all issues related to maintenance, people flow, workspaces, security, health and safety
- Manage office budget and inventory, regularly reviewing office spending and minimizing environmental impact
- Ensure a positive new hire experience for first-day onboarding
- Coordinate large events and meetings company-wide
- Work closely with the office team on the development and future relocation of our next headquarters
- Organized: an innate desire to create order and structure
- Determination: a resilience and perseverance to reach goals in spite of obstacles
- Urgency: passion for rapidly identifying and solving problems
- Collaborative: desire to work with different parts of the organization
- Hospitable: demonstrating unyielding standards for customer service
- 5+ years of office management in a dynamic workplace with over 75,000 square feet or 400 employees
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing multiple projects at once
- Proven people management and leadership skills
- Hospitality or event planning experience
- Exceptional financial and purchasing skills
- Experience RFPing and negotiating contracts for facilities services
- Experience working in a start-up environment a plus
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat and lift up to 40lbs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Suite
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.