Manager, Marketplace Operations
Greater LA Area
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
As the Manager of Marketplace Operations, you will lead the OTR marketplace operations team to maximize participation of shippers on one site, and Owner Operators and fleets on the other. Day-to-day, you will interface with Sales to ensure that the load demand can be met in a timely manner, loads are delivered on time, while drivers are compensated in the best possible way. The CSR team that you’ll oversee will support you on a day-to-day basis, ensuring great customer interactions. They’ll also work with the brokerage and asset teams to cover loads as needed. You’ll also provide timely operational and business reporting, which will allow NEXT to drive this critical piece of our business.
What You'll Do
- Attract, lead, and grow an Operations team focused on providing world-class service to OTR marketplace participants
- Ensure that NEXT’s marketplace participants’ needs are met
- Through engagement with marketplace participants, increase NEXT mobile app usage
- Collaborate with brokerage and asset teams for any exception cases
- Own and report operational and financial KPIs and target adherence
- Provide continuous improvement to the marketplace team geared towards efficiency and value-added
- Provide operational insight and input to the tech team, helping to shape product vision and strategies
- Provide quality control at key moments of truth in fulfillment, ensure efficient process execution
- Create, document, and train best practices and operating procedures within the team and with internal and external partners
What You'll Have
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Operations Management with a focus on logistics and supply chain management, OTR experience a plus
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Highly analytical and able to translate insights into actions
- Hands-on experience with continuous improvement, familiarity with Six-sigma or lean production preferred
- Early stage start-up experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform with grace under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Bachelor’s Degree
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary, bonus, equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Casual work environment
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description