The Manager of Inventory Planning drives pre-season assortment planning and manages in-season inventory plans and forecasts for multiple categories. The ideal candidate possesses the passion to manage inventory and optimize purchases and drives tangible business results using data and analytics. The ideal candidate also possesses an innovative drive to improve processes, tools and methodologies. This position will report into the Director of Inventory and Analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage in season inventory, maintain pre-season plans and monthly forecasts and balance sales and margin goals and maintain OTB and inventory flow tools
- Drive in-season inventory management, model sales upside and pricing and inventory management opportunities
- Understand what drives consumer behaviors (marketing, trend, digital distortions and placements, pricing, promotions, inventory constraints)
- Manage replenishment buys with a never-out-of-stock strategy and implement process around erosion and growth of an evolving core portfolio
- Partner with data science, operations, merchandising, design and marketing teams to inform inventory forecasting methodology and evolving business needs
- 3-5 years experience in inventory planning, data or analytics
- Experience in the apparel industry
- Experience working in e-commerce
- Data obsessed
- Innovative and passionate
- Forward thinking and strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong leadership skills and highly collaborative
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- 100% Awesome
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.