Manager, Global Client Services at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The current client journey across the world and across royalties, finance, data & analytics is fragmented and inconsistent. Global Client Services ("GCS") is newly forming first-in-class centralized global client service team, providing a unified frontline to all external inquiries across UMG's broad application landscape and providing telephonic, e-mail, chat and in-person support.
In addition to inquiry management, this client-centric team will:
- Be "jack of all trades" in so far as each team member in GCS will be able to demonstrate and troubleshoot all external facing UMG applications
- Enhance our artist and label on boarding process with compelling presentations, demo's and end-to-end service directory collateral
- Refine UMG processes and controls leveraging inquiry data (what is the data telling us?)
How you'll CREATE:
Global Client Services – Service Manager
In this capacity, you will act as a member of the Zendesk general triage team for NA Royalties:
- You will be responsible for providing accurate, efficient first-tier client support, as well as providing a comprehensive package to 2nd tier support teams for their resolution (as their support is needed) and always ensuring that the client receives a timely and professional response (even if it required 2nd tier support)
- You will be responsible for learning, understanding, and efficiently navigating all business applications (including, but not limited to, US Statement Portal (USRP), OKTA Administration, SAP, Uniport, TRACS Royalty System, Royalty Data Warehouse (RDW), Copyright Licensing Application (CLA) to gather all pertinent data related to client inquiries.
- You will be responsible for learning, understanding, and efficiently navigating all UMG business procedures, as they relate to client inquiries.
- You will be responsible for learning, understanding, and executing all client service support software (including e-mail, chat, telephone, and in-person appointments) in order to support all first-tier inquiries as well as provide a comprehensive package to 2nd tier support teams, and timely client communication regardless of tier level support.
- As new service opportunities are identified, you will be asked to learn new business procedures, system applications, and support software as part of first-tier client support.
- As part of this role, you will identify new help center article needs that surface through client support as well as suggest internal first-tier support articles based upon client support interactions.
- Partnering with the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the service level agreement (SLA) standards are met for all clients.
- You will be responsible for client support as it relates to the US Statement Portal (USRP), including first-tier OKTA security support.
- As directed by the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for the testing of USRP statement uploads before and after deployment.
As a manager within Global Client Services, you will be expected to exemplify all the qualities of "first-in-class service, providing a unified frontline to all external inquiries across UMG's broad application landscape and providing telephonic, e-mail, chat and in-person support". Additionally, and as determined and directed by GCS Senior Management, you will be expected to:
- Learn, understand and support inquiries across any other UMG application, globally. This may include any of the UMX tools that are currently supported by UMG's Data & Analytics team, the JV and other statements currently published by the Central Accounting Services team (within US Finance)
- Provide UMG application demonstrations to new and existing clients (labels, artists, producers and / or their representatives)
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.