The Manager of Customer Support will be responsible and on the front lines, helping customers to fully realize the value of GumGum’s Sports platform. They will be responsible to assist customers day to day by sharing best practices, triaging questions and issues, ensuring continued customer satisfaction, and serving as the voice of the customer.
This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to build trust quickly. This role is also required to navigate help desk software to track and manage requests.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- Leverage support tools to efficiently deliver a world class customer experience and gather customer feedback
- Report and educate internal stakeholders on customer needs
- Respond to customer questions in a timely and accurate way, email or chat
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Become a GumGumsports product expert and help both customers and coworkers succeed via knowledge sharing
- Identify creative solutions to unique workflow needs
- Inform customers about new features, functionalities and issues
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- College Degree - or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of proven experience in a customer-facing role at a technology solution, agency, brand or media company, managing customer engagements.
- Tenured experience as a Customer Support Manager leading a small team
- Capable of efficiently learning and using complex software and educating aspect of software to others
- Excellent people skills: must be empathetic, patient, confident, good-humored and able to interact with a broad spectrum of personality types
- Critical understanding of how CRM systems work
- Excellence in prioritization and multitasking
- Self-motivated to master a complex software and learn new technologies on the fly
- Patience when dealing with competing priorities
- Familiarity and passion with our sports industry is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Leaders: How to make priority a self care - featuring GumGum CEO
Contextual Wins - a Message from our CEO
BuiltInLA Best Places to work 2021
Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work 2020
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Front Office Sports - Rising 25 members
GumGum x Ad Council Partnership - Love has no labels
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)