Manager of Customer Success
Who we are looking for
BloomNation is looking for an experienced customer success professional to head up our Bloom Expert team! The Bloom Experts are a hybrid department consisting of customer success, technical support, and account management. In this role, you will lead our growing Retention team in becoming world class drivers of performance and relationships. This will consist of implementing company-wide best practices for customer success, setting KPIs and optimizing daily processes in Zendesk, and being a hands-on mentor to your Bloom Experts.
This role is best suited for someone who is driven, process-oriented, and wants to grow a department. Attention to detail, ability to work efficiently under pressure, and having an incredible knack for remaining calm and positive will all be essential for success for in this role.
Specifically, you will…
- Track KPIs, SLAs, and create weekly reports for COO
- Lead a team of 3 Bloom Experts in being first and second tier customer support for BloomNation customers and florists
- Create, implement, and manage Zendesk ticketing system
- Identify trends and inefficiencies to enhance the support process and improve user experience
- Handle a high volume of user support requests via email, phone and live chat
- Segment incoming support tickets between florists and customers
- Assess incoming support issues and accurately diagnose/escalate bugs to engineering team
- Dive into the florists' analytics and help make them more successful with our platform
- Advocate for BloomNation users and provide them with an outstanding experience while resolving issues and answering questions
- Be a product evangelist, helping customers and florists use BloomNation to change the way flowers are bought and sold around the world!
What’s in it for you...
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 15 days accrued PTO + 6 days accrued sick leave
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, rideshare, or metro credit
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate impact
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the world
You will excel if you have...
- 3+ years of online-based customer success/support
- Proven leadership and a desire to be hands-on
- Know your team’s KPIs like the back of your hand
- Phone, email, and chat support expertise
- Proficiency with Zendesk
- Familiarity with CRM/support platforms like Desk.com, Salesforce, etc. a plus
- Excellent customer care skills
- Friendly, optimistic, and outgoing persona
- Excellent writing, conversation, and email etiquette
- Able to work occasional mornings and weekends
- Able to work efficiently under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Desire to work in a startup environment
More about us - BloomNation (bloomnation.com)
BloomNation is the online marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry. In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our florists online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and we have no signs of slowing down.
- Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
- Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
- Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!