Manager, Business Operations - Growth at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
Business Operations (BizOps) operates like an internal consulting group to define and drive strategic, operational and financial improvements across the company. As a Manager in Business Operations and member of the Finance team, you will play a critical role in analyzing data and building financial models to identify key opportunities that drive strategic business initiatives. Your focus will be under the growth pod, covering all financial aspects of customer-acquisition, monetization, Content and CRM. You will work in small cross-functional project teams to find solutions to complex business challenges and influence senior leadership across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience and Business Development.
As a BizOps Manager, you will:
- Partner with executives within the Growth Pod and obtain an equal seat at the table to establish quarterly roadmaps and evaluate strategic decisions
- Proactively build extensive models and develop analyses to drive insight, recommendations and influence the executive team
- Determine “success” KPIs, targets for new product launches and build measurement tools
- Crossfunctionally manage problem discovery, solving, and solution implementation with key stakeholders.
- Build management, executive, and investor level presentations
What we’re looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience in strategy, management consulting, investment banking or project management in a technology/media company
- Extensive experience leading strategic initiatives within a product unit, with a focus toward proactively leading change
- Experience developing data-driven hypotheses and effectively communicating actionable insights to decision-makers
- Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations
- High technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs including building complex financial models; SQL experience a plus
- Ability to work outside of your comfort zone and embrace the ambiguity of a high-growth startup environment
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.