Logistics Specialist at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are redefining design, manufacturing, and operational processes to create the first 21st-century aerospace company. Our Logistics team is currently seeking a Logistics Specialist who will be at the forefront of logistics and material handling for our factory of the future.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help achieve our ambitious goals, as Logistics Specialist you will:
- Gatekeeper of incoming material and hardware – must properly categorize and sort received material
- Implement procedures for shipping / receiving, material handling, and material staging
- Perform receiving inspections on incoming hardware to screen for damage, missing components, missing documentation
- Coordinate shipping and receiving transactions
- Work with inventory specialist to stand up inventory / warehousing function of our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Fulfill kitting assemblies per instructions of work orders for flight hardware
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded logistics professional that can support multiple logistics functions including dockmaster, general logistics, inventory management, receiving inspections, and assembly kitting. The candidate must be a self-starter, working with the logistics team to build world class shipping, receiving, and inventory management process.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years of experience in a logistics or material handling role.
- Proficient with email communication and experience interfacing with ERP and warehousing software.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Atlassian tools.
- 1+ year of inventory experience.
- 1+ year of forklift experience.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in logistics or material handling role.
- Experience working in aerospace / launch services industry.
- Interest and knowledge in flight hardware and terminology.
- Experience with quality and receiving inspection procedures.
- Valid mobile equipment and forklift license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.