Logistics Specialist at Relativity Space
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are redefining design, manufacturing, and operational processes to create the first 21st-century aerospace company. Our propulsion team is currently seeking a Logistics Specialist who will be on the front line of progress by managing logistics and material handling for our Aeon engines.
To help achieve our ambitious goals, as Logistics Specialist you will:
- Develop processes for shipping & receiving, material handling, and material staging to enable fabrication and assembly operations
- Perform receiving inspection on incoming hardware to screen for damage, missing components, missing documentation
- Expedite critical hardware through the process to meet aggressive company milestones
- Coordinate shipping and receiving transactions
- On-site visits to local and cross-state vendors to oversee processing and assist with material handling
The ideal candidate would be persistent, detail oriented, and creating at solving time-critical logistical problems. Experience handling delicate and high value aerospace components and interfacing with engineering and technicians in an R&D or production environment is a huge plus.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years of experience in a logistics, expeditor, or material handling role
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient with email communication and experience interfacing with ERP and warehousing software
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Flexible schedule and ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in a logistics, expeditor, or material handling role
- Experience working on high-value or sensitive aerospace components
- Interest and knowledge of propulsion systems and terminology
- Experience with quality and receiving inspection procedures
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.