Live Operations Associate
LOCATION: Los Angeles
Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen: the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
In response, we’ve built and grown our digital ordering business, which is committed to connecting more people to real food through convenience and customization. What we’ve built thus far is just the beginning, and we need to continue to innovate and evolve our digital ordering experience to stay relevant in a quickly evolving consumer landscape.
We are currently seeking an Operations Associate to enable future digital growth of sweetgreen by overseeing our delivery operations in west and central markets.
- Platform Management - Recruit, onboard and oversee drivers on our logistics platform for multiple west and central markets. This includes creating and managing routes for all Outpost deliveries ensuring smooth and consistently on-time deliveries.
- Execute across multiple off-premise channels: Off-premise customers transact via delivery, pickup and outpost. Execute critical operational projects to optimize delivery operations and improve the customer experience.
- Real-time Troubleshooting - Be the liaison between all parties for logistics related operational fires. This includes identifying if a problem exists, quickly figuring out a solution, and communicating pertinent information with necessary parties in real-time.
- Process Management - Establish operational processes and ensure they are being followed by team members and drivers on the logistics platform. Engage our restaurant operators directly in the restaurant to drive compliance.
- Team Support - Support new initiatives and special projects as needed.
- 1-2 years experience in operations management and/or on demand logistics management
- Ability to manage people and processes simultaneously
- Able to communicate cross-functionally in a fast paced environment
- Possess a unique ability to remain cool and calm in high-pressure situations
- Roll up the sleeves, go to where the work is done mentality
- Experience recruiting hourly or contract workers a plus
- Enjoy being a part of a fine-tuned operational process
- Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify and solve problems on the fly in real-time
- Intermediate excel and data visualization software skills. SQL skills a plus.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.