As the leading provider of strategic enterprise education™, InStride enables employers to provide career-boosting degrees and credentials to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We help organizations transform their businesses and achieve social impact by unlocking the power of education.
InStride is a public benefit company whose mission is to develop the workforce of the future by helping employers provide career-boosting education opportunities to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We believe the most enduring way for companies to achieve transformative business and social impact is by investing in their people.
The Customer Success team works directly with innovative corporate partners to manage and operate strategic enterprise education programs that provide life-changing educational opportunities to their employees (also referred to within InStride as “learners”). This person will play an invaluable role in improving the overall experience for InStride learners as they pursue their goals through education.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, the Partner Support Specialist is responsible for advocating for the needs of the learners that InStride serves, and providing support and issue resolution for users in all phases of their academic experience. In this role, you will become deeply familiar with the end-to-end process of being a learner at each institution in our Academic Network, understanding how learners move through the journey and the potential barriers or challenges that they may face at each phase of the experience.
This individual will be a critical connector across internal teams within InStride (e.g., Success, Product, Technology, Marketing) and external partners (Corporate Partners and Academic Partners) to solve issues raised by learners, surface feedback and represent the end-user perspective to enhance product and academic partnership development. The role also involves managing general operational processes, documentation and taking a proactive problem-solving approach to key initiatives.
- Develop and manage a codified system for tracking, managing and resolving learner-level issues, including ensuring cross-team visibility and escalation
- Deliver responsive, high-quality and empathetic support for end-users of the InStride learner experience and InStride partners, coordinating resolution of general inquires, interface bugs and data issues
- Triage learner, corporate partner & academic partner issues – logging, assigning and monitoring tickets until full resolution is achieved
- Synthesize feedback and surface insights, ongoing trends and patterns to cross-functional teams to identify areas where we can better serve our learner base through automation or added features
- Work through creative solutions to effectively answer learner questions, provide guidance, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and route feedback
- Maintain and regularly update learner journey workflows and other internal and external documentation and guides
- Synthesize product feedback from learners and corporate partners
- Participate in user acceptance testing (UAT) for new features, submitting feedback and representing learner perspective
- Document found issues and steps to reproduce for product and engineering teams
- Support ongoing learner and corporate partner engagement - monthly newsletter content, distribution of marketing toolkits and ongoing program updates
- Partner with subject matter experts on the Academic Partnerships team around billing, financial aid and enrollment questions
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years or more of experience in a technical or customer support or student success role, experience in higher education and/or startups is a plus
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with a consistently professional demeanor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent independent judgement - ability to consider, compare and evaluate different courses of action, and make an informed decision in the best interests of the learner, our partners and the company
- Have demonstrated experience collaborating and interacting with external stakeholders
- Demonstrates strong organization and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects at once with a high degree of autonomy
- Excited by the challenge of helping support a world-class business that is both mission-driven and focused on delivering high revenue growth
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.