Lead Production Support Engineer
Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We have an opening for a Lead Production Support Engineer. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
Reporting to the Manager of Production Support, the Lead Production Support Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day supervision and performance of the Production Support Team.
The Lead Production Support Engineer carries out routine management tasks in addition to resolving issues and requests raised through monitoring, ticketing systems, and communications with colleagues and customers.
The Lead Production Support Engineer will be an experienced media focused engineer and leader, with the ability to coordinate operations and specialist engineering teams to achieve immediate incident or problem resolution during periods of high pressure and high impact incidents. The person will act with a sense of urgency when responding to requests.
The Lead Production Support Engineer will have a very strong sense of ownership, leadership, tenacity and a willingness and capability to manage engineer support services within a high-pressure environment, with the ability to restore services quickly whilst maintaining the confidence of internal and external stakeholders.
The Lead Production Support Engineer will be responsible supervising a team of support engineers, ensuring best practice guidelines are maintained regarding communications and update with stakeholders. The person in this role will ensure that incidents or requests are correctly assessed, triaged, delegated to the corrected support engineer, and resolved in a timely manner. The Lead Production Support Engineer will also produce and own all internal team governance and routine reporting.
In addition to the above, the Lead Production Support Engineer is expected to deputize for the Manager of Production Support.
This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
- Act with integrity and maintain a high level of performance regarding Production Support services delivered to the business.
- Triage and delegate work to Production Support Engineers, this will be in the form of tickets, monitoring alerts and emails to be actioned by engineering teams.
- Supervise, motivate and lead Production Support Engineers.
- Plan and maintain rosters and vacation cover to maintain a 24/7 support team of support engineers.
- Taking on responsibility for activity resolution of your own by also filling the role as an individual contributor when resolving tickets and equal share or support activities.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as a Tier 2/3 escalation resource.
- Enforce the quality and health of tickets.
- Ensure staff performance meets or exceeds realistic goals.
- Lead staff meetings and act as a stakeholder liaison for technical issues.
- Support the applications and VOD (Video On Demand) pipeline developed by our Dev teams, being heavily involved in operation, deployment, and support.
- Primary escalation point for support on issues/question around the applications and VOD pipeline.
- Set up monitoring, alarms, and any proactive solution to maintain application availability and performance.
- Provide root cause analysis for major issues.
- Provide feedback and solutions for application quality/performance improvement.
- Maintains documentation and close communication with NOC support, to inform of changes, fixes, and temporary workaround processes.
- Implement global processes and governance to streamline the migration of existing clients and new customers to the Deluxe One Platform
- Run key operational metrics allowing for analysis-based decision making and workflow optimization.
- Collaborate with Product Owners & Developers to define and scope system functionality to support end to end automation.
- Identify & immediately escalate issues and risks to service delivery and NOC.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to management for improved customer satisfaction, process improvements and system enhancements.
- Must have the ability to make sound judgments when dealing with issues that arise during troubleshooting and have the skills to determine the appropriate action to be taken for a given situation; must be able to prioritize instantly to prevent missed deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
- People management and team leadership experience
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification or above.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification or above.
- Extensive knowledge of IIS, java, and .NET applications required.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL, with ability to confidently generate ad-hoc queries and troubleshoot stored procedures.
- Administrator level knowledge of Splunk, New Relic and Media Asset Management tools or similar tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows server and Linux server administration.
- Strong application and system troubleshooting skills. Be able to leverage tools and implement remote access tools, Windows and Linux administration tools
- Ability to analyze network traces, logs and querying large data sets.
- Analytical: able to collect metrics and understand what data is needed, parse that data in ways that provide key insights and summarize it for the team.
- Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information and concepts, and apply it effectively
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2, and IAM roles is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in driving efficiencies and building automation in support of media distribution.
- Extensive understanding of content fulfillment, digital workflows, asset, and data management systems/platforms.
- Experience exhibiting overall understanding and knowledge of video post-production process, media operations, and/or digital video deliveries for broadcast & OTT platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, ability to maintain professionalism in a high-stress situation, and project self as a team player.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.