Junior Footwear Authentication Specialist at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:37 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
GOAT Group is seeking a sneaker enthusiast looking to combine their passion with a full time career for GOAT Authentication and Flight Club Consignment teams. The ideal candidate possesses a solid knowledge of not only sneakers, but of the footwear consignment industry for brands such as Nike, Jordan, Adidas, New Balance, etc. As a Junior Footwear Authentication Specialist, you must have the ability to verify authenticity of sneakers across the major sneaker brands. In addition, a Junior Footwear Authentication Specialist must keep up with footwear industry trends, sneaker releases, and collaborations with the world's best retailers, from streetwear to high fashion. You will not only determine authenticity of sneakers, but spot manufacturer defects, assess wear, and inspect SKU and size, ensuring that each buyer has the retail experience they've come to expect.
In this role you will:
- Assist Senior Authentication Specialists in the sneaker verification process
- Receive and arrange inbound inventory according to brand, model, etc
- Keep detailed notes and enter accurate data into the GOAT Group database, including release information, product SKUs and production dates
- Continuously research and learn about new models and brands of sneakers
- Manage the sneaker authentication process on your own
We are looking for:
- Passion for sneakers, technology and helping others succeed
- Knowledge of sneakers across all brands, including originals and re-releases
- Ability to recognize current trends within the industry
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Must be able to lift and move boxes (up to 35 pounds)
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description