IT Systems Administrator
About REX - Real Estate Exchange, Inc.
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup located in Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX is expanding nationwide in 2018.
About the Position:
REX is rapidly growing and entering new markets and building amazing consumer solutions revolutionizing the real estate buying and selling experience. We are also building amazing digital experiences that allow buyers and sellers to purchase a home without being bothered with traditional real estate middlemen. We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with deep knowledge and broad experience across Linux-based technologies and application support. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self starter, self motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Work closely with other REX engineers to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support Linux-based / open source software platforms and related technologies in a world class environment that meets the needs of the demanding REX engineering teams. Build highly resilient, high performance, scalable, and flexible systems.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- Work within a diverse group to design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner by interacting with internal business units.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
- 3+ years of experience in IT systems administration.
- Experience with Linux servers in physical and virtualized environments.
- Experience in Python or other scripting and automation languages.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Linux-based and open source systems and technologies such as Apache, BIND, HAProxy, NGINX, sendmail/postfix, iptables, etc.
- Linux shell skills (bash scripting, output parsing, etc).
- Experience in source code and version control tools such as Git.
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools (Vagrant, Docker, etc).
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when needed