IT Support Technician
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup located in Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX is expanding nationwide in 2018.
REX is rapidly growing and entering new markets and building amazing consumer solutions revolutionizing the real estate buying and selling experience. We are also building amazing digital experiences that allow buyers and sellers to purchase a home without being bothered with traditional real estate middlemen. We’re seeking an exceptional IT Support Technician to join us in this rapid growth by supporting our burgeoning sales and engineering staff. Candidates must be capable of meeting the demanding needs of busy executives while supporting critical business operations such as sales and marketing teams. IT Support staff will operate the comprehensive suite of IT services for the staff at REX, from onboarding and system setup, to upgrade, installation, troubleshooting, repair and replacement of hardware and software configurations. IT Support staff also have architectural responsibilities in the areas of end user cloud services, printing, and conference room audiovisual systems. The person in this position must have strong overall IT technical skills, while also being patient, having excellent customer services/interaction skills, and superior organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position. At REX you will play a critical role in supporting our mission, and in doing so help shape the future of the company.
What You'll Do:
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier IT support to REX employees
- Install and configure computers, telephones, and other common technology/devices for new and existing REX employees
- Provide after hours or weekend support when necessary to remote sales staff as they show homes
- Monitor and respond to tickets sent to company IT Helpdesk
- Maintain physical infrastructure and hardware onsite at REX LA HQ
- Provide priority support to REX Executives, with an emphasis on email services and telecommunications
- Use critical thinking skills to identify possible system wide issues and escalate them as needed
- Ability to write instructional documentation and teach efficient usage patterns in terms that non technical people can understand
What You Need:
- 3+ years of professional experience building, deploying and troubleshooting computer systems, hardware, printers, software, and IP networks within a mid to large enterprise environment
- Experience supporting Apple hardwareAssociate’s or bachelor’s degree in technical field
- A+, Network+, MCSE, or other technical certifications
- Working knowledge of A/V equipment
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, and a sense of urgency
- Availability to work independently while maintaining a professional and calm attitude when dealing with frequent requests from technologically challenged and chronically busy coworkers
- Strong written, verbal and phone communications skills
- Exercise good judgement and problem solving skills to diagnose often esoteric glitches and issues
- Have an eye for attention to detail when managing accounts
- Familiar with the command line and administrative functions of MacOS and Windows machines
- The ability to regularly lift up to 25lbs. for duties such as delivering computer hardware, unpacking and moving equipment, etc.