The IT Specialist provides customer service driven IT Support and is passionate about finding solutions to hard problems. You are efficient, thorough and great at prioritization. You should also be a great communicator as you will be the first line of defense for our internal users’ IT needs. Your typical day will be filled with monitoring a ticket queue, contributing to our knowledge base, and coming up with innovative ways to better the IT experience for the Grindr team.
- Day to day troubleshooting in a Mac environment (we also use Ubuntu)
- Troubleshoot network/wifi/printers
- Assist with audio-visual set up in conference rooms and all hands space.
- Perform employee onboarding/offboarding
- Write and update IT documentation
- Administer and support tools such as JAMF, OneLogin, and manage mobile devices
- Proactively surface ideas and proposals for IT support improvements
- Coordinate with IT team on additional IT projects & initiatives as needed
- Longer-term projects and migrations as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years Previous IT Support or Networking experience
- Previous experience at a startup or other fast-paced environment a big plus
- Experience with MDM, SAML-based SSO, Google G-Suite (or equivalent) required
- Experience with SaaS systems administration
- Willingness to learn new skills and juggle numerous tasks at once, working well under pressure
- Professional demeanor and maturity to navigate confidential situations, a wide range of personalities, and working styles
- Good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to implement, configure, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers a plus
- Familiarity with GDPR and CCPA processes and guidelines is a plus
- Experience with Linux/UNIX/AWS a big plus
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP - A space for Grindr users to connect around sex, dating, and everything else happening on—and off—the apps.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% vision, dental, & medical premium coverage
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive salaries and options
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment