IT Support Specialist at Epirus
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:21 a.m. (PST) on Monday, November 23, 2020
At Epirus, we build artificial intelligence systems and directed energy weapons that enable unmatched offensive and defensive electromagnetic pulse capabilities. Our team combines engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace innovation and agile development to deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave technology for offensive and defensive EMP and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job objective: This is an exciting role in a growing company. The ideal candidate for the position is ready to be the first contact for the end-user, providing proactive and holistic IT support. You will be part of a growing IT team inside a dynamic and challenging environment. The team is focused on developing long term solutions, transformative IT and providing an exceptional level of IT support for our employee base.
- Provide top-notch, proactive, IT support to local and remote employees
- Manage and respond to tier 1 through tier 3 IT and Helpdesk tickets
- Assist with large-scale and global IT projects and tasks
- Manage computer and IT equipment life cycles
- Optimize workflows and evaluate new solutions that allow us to scale
- Employee account creation and deletion and audits, on-boarding and off-boarding
- Troubleshooting tasks and operating system/application support on Microsoft Windows OS, Mac OS, mobile devices and other platforms
- BS degree in Computer Science, Systems Science, and Computer Engineering
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, startup-like, environment
- Systematic problem-solving approach with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, customers, and external vendors
- Startup experience and/or Defense/Aerospace/Military experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Hardware/software/network training and/or certification in systems (such as MCSE, Network+, Security+, Microsoft 365, etc.)
- Experience with common corporate technology stack platforms including: G-Suite, Office 365, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint, etc.
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwaves, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description