IT Support Specialist
The IT Specialist provides customer service driven IT Support and is passionate about finding solutions to hard problems. You are efficient, thorough and great at prioritization. You should also be a great communicator as you will be the first line of defense for our internal users’ IT needs. Your typical day will be filled with monitoring a ticket queue, helping to hit important metrics, contributing to our knowledge base, and coming up with innovative ways to better the IT experience for the Grindr team.
- Day to day troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot network/wifi systems
- Assist with audio-visual set up in conference rooms and all hands space.
- Assist Senior IT Specialist for IT asset management and provisioning for onboarding/offboarding
- Assist with employee onboarding/offboarding
- Coordinate IT documentation
- Proactively surface ideas and proposals for IT support improvements
- Coordinate with IT team on additional IT projects & initiatives as needed
- 2+ years Previous IT Support experience
- Comfortable working with and supporting employees across all departments
- Familiarity with macOS and Apple hardware
- Network experience a plus
- Previous system administration experience
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Work well under pressure
- Professional demeanor
- Maturity to navigate confidential situations, a wide range of personalities, and working styles
- Technical, solutions-centric customer service style
- Upbeat, positive energy
- Excited by collaboration
- Good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.