IT Support Engineer at SimplePractice
At SimplePractice, our team is dedicated to improving the health and wellness industry by building a suite of innovative solutions for practitioners and their clients. Our product supports practitioners on their clinical journey to becoming licensed, helps them manage their business and practice once they’re up and running, and enables new clients to discover and interact with practitioners. Taking a practitioner-first approach in everything we do makes it possible for health and wellness practitioners to devote more time to their clients while they use SimplePractice to start, grow, and maintain a successful private practice.
SimplePractice is seeking an IT Support Engineer who has strong problem-solving capabilities. Under the supervision of the IT Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining infrastructure components, improving internal automation tools, and helping to identify and resolve user-reported issues.
- Creation, research, analysis, engineering and implementation of internal technical solutions that assist in increased employee productivity and result in better self-serve IT environment
- Analysis and implementation of current security and compliance controls specific to internal IT processes and systems to ensure HIPAA-compliant internal infrastructure
- Create and implement solutions that integrate with the current office infrastructure and support high-availability
- Read documentation, design, and implement Single Sign On & software integrations
- Create scripts and automations using programming languages such as Python, Bash, etc.
- Create knowledge base for implemented solutions and provide education to all employees on all new processes and technologies
- On-call schedule to support our team members during off hours and weekends
- Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution on employee issues with internal tools
- Maintenance of hardware and software deployed to the infrastructure of the office and workstations
- Coordinate with HR and other groups for onboarding and offboarding responsibilities
- Connect and communicate with vendors to troubleshoot/implement new hardware and software
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in IT
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or higher degree
- Tech savvy and comfortable with web apps - Slack, Messenger, Zendesk, Google Docs, and the like help run our business. You should be able to use them with ease and be sharp enough to troubleshoot any issues you have.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Experience in technical quality assurance
- Record and document results and compare to expected results
- Great documentation and communication skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- Experience in managing Mac laptops
- Experience in managing UniFi hardware
Technology Stack and Tools you will be working with
- Apple Mobile Device Management
- Google Admin Console
- Jamf Pro
To assist in the management of the company’s network and desktop infrastructure, which includes our hosted facilities and remote users.
Understand the PCI & HIPAA requirements and good security practices and apply them on a daily basis.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).