WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a IT Service Desk Technician to join our growing IT department at our headquarters and warehouse location's. Someone who can ensure that all employees IT equipment and services are in working order, including Macs Windows desktops and laptops, IOS devices, printers, wireless networks, and audiovisual systems. The IT Help Desk technician will also act as the first point of contact for IT needs including tracking issues and taking ownership of problems and seeing them to resolution.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Ensure that all employee IT equipment and services are in working order, including Macs Windows desktops and laptops, IOS devices, printers, wireless networks, and audiovisual systems.
- Act as the first point of contact for IT needs. Track issues and take ownership of problems and see them to resolution.
- Anticipate problems that the users may encounter and address them proactively. Continually monitor and assess support requirements. Create system support documentation as needed
- Proactively manage any planned changes and upgrades. Inform those who would be impacted and ensure everything is working when changes are completed
- Recommend hardware and software solutions, including new product acquisitions and upgrades
- Provide technical support and maintenance for conference rooms/collaborative workspaces and offices utilizing audiovisual systems
- Manage local ticket system and assist with tickets.
- Setup new hires/terminations
- Cover IT Help desk support for multiple sites. Travel/driving between locations is required from time to time.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 3+ previous helpdesk or desktop technical support experience, preferably in a large corporate environment
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience with Cisco Meraki networking equipment highly preferred
- Experience with Active Directory management or Azure AD preferred
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
- Experience providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze problems and identify solutions under pressure
- Proficiency with Mac, Windows, IOS, and Android devices
- Experience with cloud-based environments, G-Suite, Office 365, Bluejeans, Dropbox
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (wireless, printing, file sharing, VOIP, Mobile devices)
- Ability to be on call at all hours
- Support our other local Facilities as needed
- Prior experience working at a warehouse location a plus
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all management levels
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Teams - Marketing 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company - Leadership 2020
- Winner of Built In LA’s Best Places to Work - Perks & Benefits 2020 & 2021
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.