IT Service Desk Manager
Who We Are
Sweetgreen is seeking for an experienced IT Service Desk Manager who understands how to build, navigate and excel in a dynamic environment where changes are frequent/ fast to the supporting systems (multi-site restaurants, corporate computing, supply chain) and resources.
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising the Information Systems Technicians in supporting the day-to-day operations of business-critical systems. You’ll be managing the IT Help Desk including scheduling, staffing, indicator collection and communications.
Top Goals – Within 6 months of start, understand/map and build relationships with all the customers (internal and external). Understand all the services being provided and SLAs associated. Establish on-boarding/off-boarding requirements/processes for any new services being introduced and once this is established, apply them to the existing services. Gauge the amount of work to the available resources then address the gap. Gauge the level of performance to the skillsets of available resources then address the gap. Evaluate the current 24x7 on-call support process for improvements where SLAs are not missed. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Build and institutionalize: a comprehensive incident response and escalation matrix which covers the full catalog of services. Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs.
- Optimize : Improve existing tools (ZenDesk) to make it easier to isolate and resolve problems quicker. Integrate and implement new tools to drive consistent improvements in issue resolution. Identify key performance indicators
- Learning : Identify continuous training/coach/mentor for members of the team. Establish feedback-loops with customers and stakeholders to measure service level agreements and performance.
- Documentation : In order to ease future teammate on-boarding and knowledge sharing of complex services while mitigating the risk of tribal knowledge, within 90 days on seat, you’ll contribute to our established information architecture within Confluence and put a plan in place to realize 100% documentation of the Service Desk process/function/workflow for the entire catalog of services.
- Knowledgebase : Oversee solution repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff.
- 3+ years’ experience in managing a service desk using practices such as ITIL
- Ability to coach, mentor, and guide people in their service desk careers
- Expertise in delivering a high level of customer service across multiple technology platforms and mediums
- Proven work experience as a help desk manager and leader
- Experience supporting Windows and Mac laptops and desktops in a corporate environment
- Solid technical background including experience working as a technician or systems engineer in a help desk environment
- Experience with imaging and profile management systems
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.