IT PLANNING & ANALYSIS Specialist at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Responsible for partnering with Supply Chain customers, IT service providers, systems analysts, developers, and engineers to gather requirements and develop solutions specific to Supply Chain applications and requirements. Analyzes and translates business, customer, and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives. Provides technical guidance and leadership across multiple IT service areas and may be called upon to lead cross-functional technical teams to resolve critical, time-sensitive issues.
This position will report to the Director of Supply Chain in order to implement long term systems and project roadmaps for the entire supply chain organization. Such long-term tasks include developing supplier rating systems, external supplier portals for communication, and automated small business reporting.
- Recommends effective processes and procedures that allow for the effective tracking, reporting, and data metrics for the Supply Chain life cycle.
- Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions and provides technical leadership in identifying and mitigating risk across the Supply Chain portfolio.
- Leads and performs technical analyses of alternatives.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop requirements and solutions and conducts business and technical reviews to validate findings.
- Documents current systems and develops recommendations on how to proceed with solutions.
- Evaluates new technologies and leads cross-organizational teams to analyze, select, and integrate these technologies with existing services.
- Anticipates future Supply Chain needs and leads the development and deployment of practical solutions.
- Optimizes system resources and system configurations.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies.
- Works closely with staff to develop Supply Chain/IT roadmaps and strategies that integrate across multiple service areas.
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of technical standards, principles, and concepts with the ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems
- Good understanding of Supply Chain processes
- Must possess time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain practices and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP or other procurement systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government Property Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supplier Rating systems
- 10 or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree, 8 or more years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree, or 3 or more years of relevant experience with a Ph.D. or JD
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.