IT Manager at ChowNow
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:33 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 20, 2019
About the Position:
As ChowNow’s IT Manager, you’ll be responsible for supporting the entire organization with software, equipment, and services that will empower our employees to do their best work. This is a role for an IT professional experienced in all aspects of information technology, user-facing processes and helpdesk, and IT leadership.
The IT Manager at ChowNow will design processes and policies with Engineering leadership, implement them, and identify new opportunities to increase self-service IT capabilities, security, and end-user satisfaction.
This position is located in Los Angeles and reports to the VP Engineering; directly manages IT Support Engineers in our Los Angeles and Kansas City offices.
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is on a mission to help local, independent restaurants thrive. Because of the vitality they bring to our neighborhoods and cities. Because of the amazing, one-of-a-kind food they create. And because the restaurant business is tougher than ever -- thanks to increasing competition, complexity, and the rise of third-party delivery services that gouge restaurants on every sale.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee, regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk. Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent) and by browsing our open roles at chownow.com/careers. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
As the IT Manager at ChowNow, you will:
- Manage a team of IT Support Engineers located in LA and KC, both for day to day IT support efforts and larger projects.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients working in an Apple ecosystem.
- Communicate effectively with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department.
- Own the helpdesk ticketing system, defining the SLAs and process, automating, and curating the IT knowledge base and self-service portal.
- Administer SaaS services, accounts, billing, permissions, and user provisioning.
- Work closely with the People+Culture team to on-board and off-board employees
- Assist in design, implementation, and maintenance of regulatory compliance surrounding information security including PCI security standards.
- Architect, configure, support, and monitor logical and physical networking layers.
- Advocate for IT security best practices and collaborate on Corporate Infosec policies.
- Work with the Facilities team for technology relocation support and physical entry systems.
- Manage an on-call schedule to respond to IT and Facilities emergencies.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Set up team sessions and 1:1s with your direct reports.
- Familiarize yourself with ChowNow’s current IT processes, vendors, ticketing system, and major projects.
- Participate directly in IT support by handling tickets and engaging in on-going major projects with the team in order to better understand the day to day.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Using metrics, identify areas of improvement or changes in SLAs, staffing, processes, and self-service procedures.
- Have a good understanding of security at ChowNow; fine tune and apply recurring vulnerability scans and remediation processes.
- Take ownership of a major IT project.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Be comfortable with all IT policies and documentation in place at ChowNow, updating and communicating them broadly as needed.
- Be the go-to person for the IT team.
- Help in launching our new office space in Kansas City.
- Expand the IT team with an IT support associate in the Kansas City office.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 7+ years working in the IT industry.
- You have experience with managing and mentoring a team of IT support specialists.
- You have broad IT skills across a variety of realms, including office networking, Apple Ecosystem management, SaaS vendors, telephony, email, and more.
- You have experience providing a secure environment for employees to work in and have experience with compliance and security/vulnerability scanning.
- You’re able to interact and communicate well with all departments in an organization, and understand their unique needs.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description