Team and Role Overview
Manager to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As IT Manager at Relativity, you will provide the technical leadership for the information technology team, and drive programs that empower the business through technology. You will be responsible for all areas involving IT infrastructure and operations. Your approach will bring together the best of state of the art technical solutions, team leadership, and being hands-on in solving technical challenges for all Relativity employees.
You are passionate about technology and people, and bring a thought leader mindset to all automation, infrastructure, and support challenges. You are able to investigate and resolve technical problems yourself, while setting priorities and providing guidance to a team that supports a rapidly growing, multi-site organization. You will manage and grow the IT operations team at Relativity, and report to the VP of Operations.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us revolutionize the way rockets are built and flown, as the IT Manager at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s execution and agility by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing next generation information technologies that support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented, in accordance with industry standards, as well as audit and compliance requirements.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assists in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality services by establishing and enforcing organization standards whilst identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update processes, software and systems.
- Manage Relativity’s IT Operations (infrastructure, system administration, helpdesk, onboarding) to deliver a seamless employee experience
- Partner with our Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure/DevOps resources to implement solutions that meet all critical functional needs, and optimizes the trade-off between buy and build
- Establish and continuously improve processes and standards to ensure IT addresses all needs and operates resource-efficiently, and at scale
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in IT management, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environment at a technology company. Prior experience working across various IT systems, applications and infrastructure (including cloud), and a deep passion for support operations are critical. You have proven in past roles that you can take existing IT processes and systems, and elevate their performance, to create positive impact from day one.
You are always exploring ways to improve your team’s results, you effectively engage with functional experts to establish IT project plans, and show outstanding customer orientation by providing support and guidance to all user groups. You are a passionate team lead that continuously wants to develop your team and improve their performance. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building structure from scratch, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an IT lead/manager in a startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment.
- Expertise in system administration (preferably, Windows, Atlassian, various cloud services), including analysis, implementation, and evaluation of technology infrastructure and systems.
- Experience defining and scaling IT infrastructure and systems, while operating on a startup IT budget.
- Ability to triage short-term fixes while developing long-term solutions.
- Outstanding employee orientation to provide partnership and support throughout all IT operations challenges and needs.
- Outstanding communication and influencing abilities, paired with strong team leadership.
- BSc/BA in information systems, network engineering, or related field
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- You bring a thought leadership mindset to the table to support a high performance and growth environment, and operate highly effectively at the tactical level
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch, personalized manner.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with vendors and outside contractors to meet organizational objectives.
- Experience with a scripting language or other programming languages.
- Experience implementing solutions with a low barrier to entry to for all company staff.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.