IT Data Steward
PROCORE is looking for an IT Data Steward, responsible for the management and fitness of critical data elements - both content and metadata. The Data Services team creates and provides data solutions and services that enable the business to make better-informed and timely business and strategic decisions. The reports and analysis provided from these data services serve as the core data, reporting, and analytic platform for all of the Procore Business Operations Teams.
This is a newly created position that will play a critical role in Procore’s focus and commitment toward instilling a culture of data governance. The candidate will serve as the primary expert of policy data and its association with client, accounting, sales, and marketing data. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills and partner with key stakeholders and vendors to deliver data management solutions.
What you'll do:
- Lead the Data Stewardship function across the enterprise, including data strategy development and solution delivery for effective data management
- Develop data dictionary and data definitions for each data subject including data standards, data formats, preferred data sources, validation rules and data usage policies
- Develop data governance processes for managing movement of data such as creation, de-duplication, unification and archiving of data
- Design oversight programs to monitor and report data quality issues and to ensure adherence to data policies and standards
- Develop and maintain data flow architecture and data lineage for various lines of business within the organization
- Create metrics to measure data quality targets and conduct policy reviews to ensure business processes are effective in minimizing risk derived from bad data
- Conduct research into data quality issues and develop programs/scripts to profile data within key data stores
- Engage leadership to communicate on matters pertaining to Data Stewardship and interpret related legal, regulatory and other external requirements for the control of data
- Provide high value and impactful solutions to remediate data quality challenges and perform cost-benefit analyses to support the business case for the solutions
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in Business/Computer Science/IT or related field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience with at least 2 years working in a data governance function and/or in a data stewardship role is preferred
- Strong leadership, organization, and project or change management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with an innate curiosity and desire to question the status quo.
- Experience with large data domains.Expertise in improving data quality to improve business processes and accuracy.
- Knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices, a plus.
- Proven record of strategic thought leadership and ability to drive results
- Excellent communicator with superior verbal, written, technical and presentation skills
- Ability and comfort in influencing across all levels of the Company, including executive leadership
- Track record of innovation in the everyday, as well as development of breakthrough ideas
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to break down project tasks, define project scope, plan and organize resources to complete projects on time and within budget
- Experience with programming languages (SQL) and data management technologies (Informatica IDQ or IBM Data Stage) is a plus
About UsProcore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.