UpKeep is the top-rated software revolutionizing Asset Operations Management. We provide cloud-based SaaS, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. Our mobile-first solutions are modernizing workflows for deskless teams, and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 120+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote or remote-hybrid from our Los Angeles HQ. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, and FrontRunners on Software Advice.
We are only accepting applications from candidates living in the following States:
California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Texas, Idaho, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Florida, & Hawaii
- Oversee UpKeep's information security programs including data protection, risk management, and compliance testing.
- Review, develop, and update UpKeep's information security and privacy policies.
- Design and execute audit procedures to assess and measure company compliance with its security policies and procedures.
- Monitor advancements in information privacy laws to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
- Evaluate security incidents for violations of privacy principles or legal standards.
- Manage compliance testing and monitoring of current and future regulatory obligations, and other regulatory matters as required.
- Conduct internal security risk assessments and security compliance audits.
- Establish IT security audit procedures relevant to GDPR, SOC2, ISO27001, NIST, and PCI-DSS
- Coordinate third-party audits.
- Develop materials and tools to effectively communicate compliance and corporate requirements.
- Develop policy, plans, and strategy in compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and standards in support of organizational cyber activities.
- Collect, analyze, and prepare reports required for senior management, regulators, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Document, investigate, and report cybersecurity compliance issues and incidents, where necessary.
- Work with business leaders to ensure information security risk findings are reviewed and solutions are implemented.
- Understand, develop, and deliver meaningful reports on the program state and adherence to frameworks and standards.
- Lead the escalation and resolution of risk and compliance issues with appropriate stakeholders.
- Liaise with relevant parties to commission activities related to contingency planning, business continuity management, and IT disaster recovery.
- Assist the sales team in responding to RFPs and security questionnaires; maintain a library of security and compliance RFP responses.
- Manage third party vendors with new and recurring security assessments.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of IT experience with a focus on security and compliance.
- At least 1 year of experience managing compliance at a growing software company.
- Significant knowledge and experience with legal, privacy, and regulatory compliance standards such as ISO27001, SOC2, PCI-DSS, GDPR, HIPPA, etc. preferred
- Experience with IT governance, risk, and compliance management.
- Experience coordinating tasks to complete third party assessments.
- Experience writing policies, procedures, and controls in one or more standards/frameworks.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of risk management processes.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experience with Risk Management in both a compliance and security context.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the skills to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, FSA, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors modernize the way thousands of businesses around the world manage facilities, inventory, and equipment. Our Asset Operations Management software and powerful cloud ecosystem are helping teams achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in VC funding following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate is discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need accommodation due to disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.