Helpdesk / IT Support track (Apprenticeship)
Helpdesk / IT Support track (Temp/Part-Time)
Grindr has an opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to join our organization as a Helpdesk IT Support Specialist with our Data Security team. This position will be part of Grindr’s “Future Voices” Program.
More on Future Voices
This is a unique and exciting program that provides highly motivated and aspiring candidates with diverse backgrounds an opportunity to work in tech. This is a paid, part-time that lasts up to 12 weeks.
You can expect:
- Formal onboarding
- An assigned mentor who will provide performance evaluations and coaching
- A thorough opportunity to work and partner on projects and assignments that will help build their career experience
- Ownership of a capstone project that will be a tangible asset to add to a portfolio
The IT Specialist provides customer service-driven IT Support for up to 100 users and is passionate about finding solutions to hard problems.
We want and need you to be efficient, thorough, and great at prioritization. You should also be a great communicator as this team is on the front line for our internal users’ IT needs. Your typical day will be filled with monitoring helpdesk tickets, contributing to our knowledge base, and learning about/contributing to ways to better streamline process and implement policy.
- Respond to Service Desk calls, ad-hoc requests, incidents, and tasks involving MacOS, Windows, and mobile devices
- Troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues that arise related to Google Apps, MacOS, enterprise applications, internet connectivity, and hardware/peripheral equipment
- Assist with performing office moves and changes
- Troubleshoot network/wifi/AV systems
- Assist with audio-visual set up in conference rooms and all-hands space
- Assist IT Specialist with IT asset management and provisioning for onboarding/offboarding
- Maintain and add to IT documentation
- Coordinate with IT team on additional IT projects & initiatives as needed
- Strong interest in providing IT Support
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of colleagues across all departments
- Familiarity with macOS, Windows, Apple & PC hardware
- Network experience a plus
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Professional demeanor
- Technical, solutions-centric customer service style
- Upbeat, positive energy
- Excited by collaboration
- Good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.