Head of Operations at Albert
Things you're good at
- Ownership: taking charge of projects and driving them to completion, from ideation to execution and monitoring.
- Team building: hiring and leading a team, thoughtfully considering the backgrounds and skill sets needed to accomplish organization's goals.
- Collaboration: working closely and effectively with different parts of organization, including engineering, product development, design, human resources and senior management.
- Prioritization: prioritizing initiatives and resource allocation based on shifting business needs.
- Attention to detail: consistently striving towards excellence and attitude of getting things right the first time.
- Communication: keeping lines of communication open and seeking out feedback on a regular basis.
- Manage the operational side of Albert's banking, savings and investing products, including monitoring of millions of cash transactions per month across various networks (ACH, debit card), reversals, disputes, fraud monitoring and similar items.
- Implement scalable and well-documented processes across the organization (including disputes management, escalation strategies, and manual fraud review).
- Build a robust operations team, including hiring and coaching team members, with a culture of accuracy, speed, and accountability.
- Act as a thought-partner to senior management, consistently defining the most efficient and organized approaches to business operations and development.
- Collaborate with our financial institution partners on a range of regulatory and compliance work-streams, ensuring operational processes and performance indicators align with the company’s broader strategy and expectations.
- Ensure adherence to key risk and compliance guidelines.
- 6+ years in retail financial services operations (either in traditional bank or fintech) including 3+ years in management position
- Experience leading small to medium-size teams (3+ direct reports)
- Previous role in top investment banking / consulting / accounting firm is a plus
- Deep familiarity with ACH, debit card, fraud, disputes, compliance and KYC processes
- A successful track record of scaling a high-growth organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Daily meals provided
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401k match