Head of Customer Care
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 800+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a Head of Care to run and scale Clutter’s Customer Care and Claims teams, which operate in a B2C call center environment. Customer experience is a critical part of Clutter’s overall product offering, which aims to make every customer’s life more convenient. The person in this role is directly responsible for leading the teams that deliver a quality experience to all of our customers. This position reports directly to the Director of Customer Experience.
As the Head of Care - you will:
- Manage a growing team of 25+ local customer care agents and 3 supervisors by providing ongoing feedback and coaching
- Identify and evaluate top talent during the recruitment of new agents, and ensure quality by putting new hires through a rigorous training bootcamp
- Serve as the resident expert on all Clutter customer policies and procedures
- Handle customer service escalations that may arise within operations
- Lead day-to-day operations with an extremely high attention to every detail from staffing to compliance
- Enforce and strengthen Clutter’s performance management culture by creating performance improvement plans and identifying training opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering and Operations teams to optimize the customer experience
- Drive continuous improvement of the customer experience by leveraging data-driven decision-making
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- 7+ years of customer service/support or operations management experience, including experience managing Supervisors/Managers
- Experience building, coaching and training teams in a fast-paced environment (Tech company or startup background a plus!)
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- A passion for process and extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in stressful situations
- Flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment with priority shifts and ambiguous situations