Head of Customer Care at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a Head of Customer Care Operations to run and scale Clutter’s Customer Care and Claims teams, which operate in a B2C call center environment. Customer experience is a critical part of Clutter’s overall product offering, which aims to make every customer’s life more convenient. The person in this role will have ownership over the entire customer journey and is directly responsible for leading the teams that deliver a quality experience to all of our customers. This position reports directly to our VP of Operations.
What you'll do:
- Manage a growing team of 25+ local customer care agents and 3 supervisors by providing ongoing feedback and coaching
- Identify and evaluate top talent during the recruitment of new agents, and ensure quality by putting new hires through a rigorous training bootcamp
- Serve as the resident expert on all Clutter customer policies and procedures
- Handle customer service escalations that may arise within operations
- Lead day-to-day operations with an extremely high attention to every detail from staffing to compliance
- Enforce and strengthen Clutter’s performance management culture by creating performance improvement plans and identifying training opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering and Operations teams to optimize the customer experience
- Drive continuous improvement of the customer experience by leveraging data-driven decision-making
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of customer service/support or operations management experience, including experience managing Supervisors/Managers.
- Experience building, coaching and training teams in a fast-paced environment (tech company or startup background a plus!).
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- A passion for process and extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in stressful situations
- Comfort and experience handling high stakes customer claims/escalations
- Flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment with priority shifts and ambiguous situations
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.