Head of Carrier Acquistion and Onboarding at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Twilio, Facebook, and Snap, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As the Head of Acquisition and Onboarding, you’ll be responsible for leading our carrier acquisition team in delivering an increased capacity at NEXT. You’ll lead a diverse team of carriers sales professionals and our onboarding taking drivers though the NEXT onboarding process. Innovation is a core practice at NEXT and infuses everything we do. You’ll be leading the charge for continuous improvement across your disciplines, leveraging strategic sales initiatives, and best in class management to drive exceptional results.
What You'll Do:
- Build - From them ground-up, build and execute a carrier sales organization that supports NEXT growth
- Lead Cross-functionally - Partner with finance, operations, product, and sales to build a world-class carrier organization supporting
- Program Management - Align activity across the NEXT trucking ecosystem to create a world-class driver experience.
- Develop and manage a network of owner-operators & small fleet carriers to ensure adequate capacity for their assigned market
- Create optimized and scalable business processes and define systems requirements to handle ongoing expansion.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will define the metrics that will drive success and will be required to design and measure effective experiments.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a focus on logistics and supply, or operations
- Bias for action, decisive decision making, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Excellent Communication Skills - Strong ability to clearly articulate complex problems to the executive management and individual contributor level.
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience creating systems and integration requirements, including Salesforce and enterprise billing system
- Experience with carrier procurement teams in drayage or OTR
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry