Global Operations Associate
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $94M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
Due to our rapid Global expansion, we're looking for logistical masterminds to join our growing team in Los Angeles. Salivating at the thought of solving real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of international trade from origin to destination;
- Interface with global logistics partners to coordinate international shipments;
- Shepherd clients through the complexities of international trade;
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure the highest level of service possible; and
- Assist Customs Team with logistical troubleshooting.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success;
- 1-3 years of experience at a startup, top consulting, accounting or investment banking firm;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Next-level attention to detail;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks; and
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
Where you'll work:
We’re not far from the country’s busiest port (LA/Long Beach), and we manage our own warehouse — basically, we have an amazing opportunity to improve and streamline processes at destination. We eat great food, host tons of fun events, and bring our pups to work.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.