The Global Logistics Specialist will coordinate, in English and other languages, with various international and domestic logistics companies to ensure the movements of iHerb’s shipments and iHerb Logistics’ customers shipments are processed timely and efficiently. This position will support the U.S. Logistics team to manage and grow the U.S. carrier portfolio by developing delivery programs throughout the U.S. Additionally, this position will also help manage domestic and international client account(s) to ensure great quality services.
- Serve as subject matter expert demonstrating in-depth knowledge of market, culture, logistics-related regulations and policies, clearance procedures, etc. for the assigned lanes and carriers
- Build relationship with carriers to resolve delivery related issues and identify opportunities for projects/initiatives to achieve mutual growth
- Develop new, progressive, and creative delivery programs/products throughout the U.S.
- Manage external customer account to ensure delivery speed and quality
- Set-up new and continually improve existing processes for the assigned lanes and carriers.
- Perform research Gather and analyze data for assigned lanes and projects
- Actively identify and scope new opportunities to improve how we serve customers and business processes
- Report any discrepancies of damaged or lost shipments, customs issues, and work with logistics vendors to ensure shipments are properly sent to their correct destination and on time
- Maintain freight expenses for assigned lanes and review invoices. Report any changes or billing issues with the department management team and Accounting Department
- Research lost shipments, broken items and track items between custom brokers and iHerb Logistics
- Manage lead times for assigned lanes and investigate delays with internal teams, logistics carriers and customs brokers daily to ensure timely flow of the shipments
- Be responsible for trouble-shooting customs and any logistics related issues
- Perform audits to review logistics processes for the management team when needed
- Organize, maintain, and update website content for assigned lanes
- Translate documents when needed
- Attend corporate meetings when translation is necessary
- Support special projects when needed
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to take accountability for assigned tasks and assigned project deliverables
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of adaptability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Generally requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience, or three (3) years of related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.