Real estate is the largest asset class in the world—and yet it has also been one of the slowest to adopt innovative, new technologies. It has become increasingly important for the industry to evolve alongside a consumer-base who are accustomed to mobile-first, on-demand, and personalized experiences in every area of their lives. Founded in 2018, Endpoint emerged from a collaboration between First American and BCG Digital Ventures, the venture capital arm of the Boston Consulting Group. The new company combines First American’s title and settlement expertise, with the innovative approach of an agile technology company, to provide a seamless real estate closing from start to finish. At Endpoint, we believe the combination of modern technology, a standardized and simplified closing process, and a highly dedicated team of people will completely change the industry – and deliver an experience that instills the joy of an effortless close for all.
Endpoint is looking for a General Manager to to build, scale and oversee our market in Southern California. This role will be based in El Segundo (Los Angeles). Armed with a cutting-edge solution and value proposition, you will help craft the vision, strategic planning and then the execution of an already successful mobile product into a whole new market.
As a General Manager you will use your skills to:
- Own, develop, and execute a strategic plan for the regional market (Southern California). This will include devising, prioritizing, and adapting a go-to-market strategy, as well as building a strong sales pipeline
- Supervising operations and scaling. That means running the business day-to-day by producing sound plans, spotting problems and opportunities early, and responding aggressively to them
- Take full ownership of all aspects of your regional operations, including input into the financial model, employee engagement (building an amazing culture and helping your employees to be excited to come to work every day) and process optimization to deliver against OKR’s and facilitate growth within your region
- Manage a yearly operational budget and P&L, including quarterly reporting on profit and loss to achieve regional targets. This role will include hiring, training and coaching your team to help execute on strategic, cross-functional initiatives and scaling the regional business
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through structured, solution-oriented problem solving with the support of your team and cross-functional business partners.
You'll come to Endpoint with:
- 7+ years of General Management, Sales Management or Operations Management
- 2+ years experience working in sales & marketing
- Prior experience owning the P&L of a business and introducing new digital products or services to markets and then successfully scaling the associated revenue
- Strong ability to balance risk and prioritize growth
- Honest communication style, integrity, and a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Data orientation and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- A builder's mentality - comfortable developing something scalable where nothing existed before
- Strong people leadership skills - you can set the tone for your team, driving towards results while also being compassionate
- The ability to build and develop robust relationships with senior cross-functional leaders, including Product, Operations, Growth Marketing and Finance to successfully drive long-term growth and market expansion
- Proptech or Title & Escrow experience is a plus
Why work at Endpoint?
- You will have a lot of responsibility and many opportunities to advance your career
- You will get first-hand experience of working for a well funded early stage startup
- Your hard work, ownership, and self-sustainability will be greatly valued
- We offer great benefits - Health, Dental and Vision, 401K match
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact
- Competitive compensation, including a Long Term Incentive Plan
Endpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Read Full Job Description