Founder in Residence/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Mesh at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
We are excited to launch Mesh, the world’s first AI-powered solution to build, measure, and maximize team performance. We aim to bring the new gig economy to the future of workplace culture with an end-to-end solution to simplify team formation, drive performance, and boost productivity through both web and mobile applications. Mesh helps recruiters/staffers make faster & more informed decisions, enables team leaders to find and recruit the right team members and empowers team members to discover and join teams that meet their needs and fulfill their career aspirations. Built and incubated by BCG Digital Ventures (BCGDV) and BCG, this exciting startup addresses a large & fast growing market (>250million users) and is well positioned to disrupt the thriving “HR tech” space.
We are looking for an exceptional CEO who is passionate about building businesses and teams to lead and own the success of this disruptive SaaS startup. Mesh and the Mesh team will likely be based in the west coast, either in the Bay Area, Seattle or Los Angeles. The CEO should be able/willing to travel at least 50% of the time for sales and business development needs.
In this role you will:
- Set the overall strategy from launch to scale
- Lead fundraising rounds to support expansion and company growth
- Manage opportunities and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial and capital structure, strategic priorities and operational performance
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient strategies to ensure exponential growth & profitability and consistent results
- Drive day to day operations, making key decisions and trade-offs with resources and budget allocation
- Regularly report updates to Board of Directors, corporate stakeholders and key customers regarding progress on strategic priorities, and collaborate with Board of Directors to accelerate progress
- Serve as chief external spokesperson for core mission, strategic priorities, sales,
marketing and market positioning for Mesh’s products and services
You should have:
- Start-up leadership experience (5+ years; within the last 7 years); preferably at high growth companies with substantial funding
- Proven track record of building successful digital products and high caliber teams from the ground up; leadership role(s) at other early stage, fast-moving and successful enterprise SaaS and/or freemium digital/open source software startups, ideally in the HR tech space
- Experience raising startup capital from venture capital firms and/or strategic investors
- Experience managing a Board of Directors and corporate/funding stakeholders to keep regular updates on business and progress
- P&L responsibilities at CEO level (or head of significant BU)
- Deep understanding of leadership best practices, human resources, and general finance/budgeting
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.