Fixed Asset Manager
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Bird is looking for a Fixed Asset Manager to financially manage the landed cost and lifecycle of our fleet. We are looking for someone who has an understanding of our supply chain and a strong Cost Accounting background to ensure our vehicle cost is accurate!
This role is vital to the organization as you will be responsible for maintaining landed cost, our Bills-of-Materials, recording and analyzing production variances and tracking our fleet and the related depreciation. Each of these areas has a systems implication, so it is crucial you have a thorough understanding of the cost of components that go into the vehicle, our manufacturing process and the status of the vehicles in our fleet.
You will work cross functionally in the organization between Procurement, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Procurement to refine our procure-to-pay process as it relates to supply chain.
- Work with Industrial Engineering to ensure accurate Bill-of-Materials (BOM) for each of the models of our vehicles.
- Work with Manufacturing to monitor production variances and develop strategies to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Inventory management: ensure accurate landed cost and establish proper inventory controls at Bird locations as well as 3PLs.
- Track the lifecycle (including depreciation) of our fleet.
- Manage the financials for each of these areas.
What You'll Need:
- Strong Cost Accounting background
- Experience managing a sizeable amount of fixed assets
- Accounting Degree
- Compelling Data Skills
- Experience with Fixed Asset Modules or Cost Accounting Systems
- 6-8+ years of experience, with at least 3+ years leading a team
- Supply Chain or Industrial Background a plus!
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description