Field Operations Manager at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for driven and high-performing leader with a passion for process to oversee a team of Field Operations Supervisors responsible for day-to-day moving and storage operations throughout Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego. This person will directly manage, train, and coach approximately 5-8 Supervisors and indirectly manage 150+ hourly Associates. This role reports directly to the Regional Manager of Southern CA.
As a Field Operations Manager - you will:
- Manage day-to-day field operations within your market
- Identify coaching opportunities and structure training for Supervisors and their teams
- Adapt and implement processes in an ever-changing environment
- Oversee daily utilization and maintenance of regional fleet
- Solve complex inventory and customer service issues
- Analyze and draw insights from dispatch and job data to improve daily processes
- Weekend Availability: Work 5 days per week, with one of those days a Saturday or Sunday
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8-10+ years of relevant professional work experience; Logistics, Retail, and/or Hospitality industries highly preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience (e.g. job, sports, military, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to leverage data to identify trends and drive decisions
- Direct experience managing pool of hourly employees
- Experience directly or indirectly managing 100+ employees
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Willingness to work hard and get your hands dirty at a fast-growing start-up
- **Drug test is required for this role**