We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional assistant for Interscope Records' Finance Department. This position will provide key administrative support to a senior Finance executive, as well as the rest of the Finance team. Additionally, this role will have responsibilities related the management of Interscope's physical office space.
This role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. In addition to traditional administrative responsibilities, this role will assist with tasks that aid the daily business operations, and office management. Additionally, this role may be responsible for overseeing various ad-hoc projects, and will assist in the execution of new processes being rolled out by the label to improve operations and workflow.
- Perform office and administrative duties to assist senior finance executive
- Handle calls, manage calendars, make travel, meeting and event arrangements
- Prepare reports and presentations as requested
- Assist in prioritizing incoming requests and workflow
- Liaison between label and UMG building administration
- Help manage operational activities, such as but not limited to company events, studio buildout, ticket buy expenses, and office space
- Help manage and maintain key processes, correspondence, and other documents
- Various ad-hoc project management as needed
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners
- Comfort working with, and maintaining, highly confidential information
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- 3-4 years of experience, preferably in a record label or creative industry
- Bachelor's Degree required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.