Executive Assistant at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Operations at BCGDV
Our Operations team is the internal force that drives our business forward. It’s where organizational insight meets operational excellence. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Marketing and Finance, they are a dedicated group of one-of-a-kind problem-solvers with a deep commitment to world-class business services.
The Executive Assistant will be working as part of a flexible team, providing high-level support to one Partner and 1-2 Directors inclusive of complex calendar management, travel management and expense reimbursement. The primary goals are to leverage the executives’ time, support the broader team, and successfully serve BCG’s clients.
In this role you will:
Handle heavy and complex calendaring
- Be strategically thoughtful of exec’s time based on established priorities and considerate of rhythm/pace of meetings and impact on exec's energy & productivity
- Be able to look out 1+ month ahead for conflicts
- Coordinate schedules with Executive Team and their Assistants as well as with other Leaders’ Assistants
Communications and inbox management
- Management of an inbox to read, prioritize, +/or flag, as appropriate
- Draft & edit correspondence with very high standards for tone/etiquette, grammar, spelling and document formatting
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Skillfully use DV standards, templates, firm branding and correspondence guidance to format and edit documents from draft to client-ready stage
- Report & presentation management such as tracking movement of decks + control versioning. At times, building decks or presentations with direction.
- As needed, conduct research for exec & clearly presenting back factual findings.
- Maintain documents on appropriate file servers and repositories
Travel booking & coordination
- Plan and manage complex meeting and travel arrangements by applying in-depth knowledge of the DV’s travel & expense policies and tools; peer advisor and subject matter resource to new team members
- Organize heavy international & domestic travel logistics w/ seamless travel itineraries.
- Proactively seek to understand meeting, travel & expense policies
Time & Expense submission
- Effectively prepare weekly time and expense reports as required and in a timely manner; follow policies and procedures
Meetings & events management
- Handle meeting logistics, conference room set-up (including AV equipment, displaying presentations, seating arrangements) and meeting/event budgets
- Plan agendas and compile & organize supporting documents/presentations
- Capture minutes and assist with action plans or follow-ups
- Effectively collaborate with other assistants on production of meetings & events
Engaging with the Administrative team & DV as a whole
- Being an active member of the Administrative team, participating in regular meetings
- Help out on special projects as needed
- Provide back-up support when other team members are out of the office or are overloaded
- Provide Receptionist backup as needed
- Act as an extension of the executives in a manner that maintains positive, effective and collaborative working relationships across the organization.
- Learn and understand DV's internal business priorities and objectives
You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred or five years’ related experience, with at least two to three years’ experience supporting individuals at the executive level strongly preferred
- Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007 proficiency
- Ability to work overtime, if needed
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through; perform tasks with high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to overcome obstacles
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities, keeping constant sight of the overall objectives
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- High degree of maturity and professionalism at all times
- High degree of flexibility in a demanding, fast-paced and frequently changing environment
- Strong service orientation in responding to customer needs
- Ability to exercise judgment in managing confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG’s values and culture
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization