We're looking for an Executive Assistant to support our SVP, Revenue Operations, Strategy and Enablement. In this role, you'll interact with all levels of our organization as well as external high-profile clients, partners, associates, and service providers. As a successful Executive Assistant, you have experience managing a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks that optimize our executive leaders’ effectiveness and efficiency. You're resourceful, proactive, efficient, and maintain an approachable and professional presence to both internal and external contacts.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for our executive leaders including managing an active calendar of appointments, monitoring and responding to emails, organizing travel and agendas, and completing expense reports
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- On behalf of our executives, communicate directly and professionally with their direct reports, other executives, vendors, and partners on matters related to their responsibilities
- Manage a variety of special, high impact projects for our executives while maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Coordinate agendas and deliverables for planning and team meetings
- Prepare and coordinate collection of information and communication for leaders and the leadership team
- Collaborate cross-departmentally including with other Executive Assistants and Coordinators
- Prepare conference rooms/meeting spaces and take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Accurately and confidentially maintain all files as they relate to the department
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience in an administrative support role at the executive level
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Administrative related program or equivalent work experience
- Calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings with multiple participants
- High proficiency with Google Apps and MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated professionalism and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain flexible and agile in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to ensure tasks are carried through to completion on time and with urgency
- Must have respect for confidential information
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.