We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Group is currently looking for an Executive Assistant to support the EVP of Creative with a passion for music, Executive Assistant experience, who has great judgment with discretion and confidentiality.
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and working on tight deadlines in a high pressure environment is crucial. A "can-do" attitude is essential.
- Set up meetings, conference calls
- Coordinate incoming meeting requests and prioritize
- Help the Executive stay on schedule
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
- Arrange meetings via telephone and email/Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Greet meeting participants
- Process travel & entertainment expenses
- Book travel, accommodations, car services
- Order and set-up food service for meetings
- Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
- Archive emails, maintain current/prospective labels electronic folders
- Maintain an organized environment for the Executive's office
- Update/manage calendar(s)
- Create and maintain presentations and other project work as assigned
- Assist with research project as needed.
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management Globally
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Experience as an assistant, ideally in entertainment/music
- Ability to multi-task
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills
- Excellent knowledge and application of Internet resources
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.