Executive Assistant / Bookkeeper / Operations Associate
The Executive Assistant / Business Operations Associate plays a valuable role in supporting SearchStax team and servicing SearchStax's customers. This position directly reports to the Founder/CEO based out of Manhattan Beach office. This is a Part-Time role. There is flexibility around which days of work and hours during the day. We are looking for 16-24 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will be coming off the desk of an executive and must be discreet, EXTREMELY organized, able to juggle multiple priorities, confident, able to handle confidential data, self-starter and is able to self-manage to meet deadlines. This is a fast-paced environment and perfect for a true go-getter who is eager to learn. MUST be computer savvy, have strong office skills, and the ability to work well with others.
At SearchStax, you will be doing variety of tasks that lead to smooth running of Company Operations ranging from HR, Finance, General Administration and Vendor/Client Communication.
Below are some of the things you'll be working on and the responsibilities will evolve as needed.
General Administration / Administrative Duties
- Work with the management team and ensure day-to-day functions of the office run smoothly.
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies
- Manage external vendors
- Own company-wide communications
- Manage company-wide document organization and employee access
- Accurately files correspondence and other records
- Handle and Process all Deliveries and Mail
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients, vendors and colleagues
- Assisting with office administrative duties including answering phones, distributing mail, data entry to update databases, and maintain client and agent records.
- Managing and updating client database, tracking systems, and reports
- Assisting Management Team with any and all other projects and tasks, as needed
Finance / Bookkeeping
- Monitor, analyze and process expense reports. Process check requests for payment.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable (Ensure payments are processed and follow up to receive payments from customers)
- Maintain day-to-day bookkeeping using Accounting Software (Xero)
- Work with CPA Vendor to ensure books are closed on time, any gaps or information needed by Vendor is provided to them on-time.
- Identify any gaps in process and work with CEO to define process and ensure enforcement.
- Point Person / Liaison for all Employees and Contractors
- Partner with company payroll provider to ensure HR compliance
- Regular and one-off payroll processing
- Employee onboarding and offboarding and proper documentation
- Recruiting support including phone screening, interview scheduling, act as soundboard for candidate culture fit
- Keep HRMS (BambooHR and Insperity) Updated
What you bring:
- Experience with Bookkeeping and as an Executive Assistant
- Strong organizational skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and capacity to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Positive attitude and collaborative
- Proactive. Immense initiative -- you're always thinking about what can be done next