Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us. In fact, please come help us hire amazingly talented and wonderful people so that we can realize this vision together.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
As part of a well-funded startup, the Executive Assistant and Office Manager will be exposed to a dynamic professional environment, an entrepreneurial culture and will be part of a fast-growing company.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing day-to-day office responsibilities for a start-up technology company
- Supporting a small executive team with a wide range of administrative functions
- Managing calendars including scheduling appointments, confirming meetings, coordinating with professionals from other companies
- Coordinating with the finance & accounting team (invoices, expense tracking)
- Coordinating travel arrangements including flights, cars, hotels and other reservations
- Creating and/or proofing memos and other forms of external correspondence
- Maintaining and organizing electronic files in Dropbox
- Working on various ad-hoc projects including research requests and company events
- Liaising with the company’s investors and high profile family offices and venture capital firms
- Working with the Operations Lead to facilitating the on-boarding of new employees (review corporate policies, benefits, payroll)
- Participating in company-wide recruiting efforts across a number of functions
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Experience interacting with executives in the finance, real estate or technology industries
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Team player – energetic, enthusiastic and personable
- Ability to multitask and prioritize completing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Perform duties with the highest level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience with coordinating domestic and international travel arrangements
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (including PowerPoint and Excel)
- Familiarity with Asana and Expensify is preferred but not required
- Interest in being a part of a fast-growing company
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan