Employee Engagement Coordinator
Scopely is in search of a world class Employee Engagement Coordinator experienced with a bustling office, large scale events and cultural initiatives to join our growing team. You will be deeply involved in everything culture, from wellness and perks to all-company events and swag.
As our Employee Engagement Coordinator, you'll be directly responsible for nurturing and growing engagement, culture, perks and celebrations of all kinds. The ideal candidate is a team builder who is inviting, magnetic and can roll with the punches. Someone who thinks on their feet, is widely resourceful and appreciates process. This wouldn’t be the first time you’ve been called MacGuyver. You welcome any opportunity to make someone's day amazing, and have been known to say “their challenge is my challenge”. You’re a warrior who is never satisfied with “just ok” and you are fully invested in doing whatever it takes to create the unexpected.
This is a challenging but high-reward role where you will be interacting with professionals who have previously worked at and built some of the most successful tech companies in the world, including: Google, Electronic Arts, Activision, Netflix, TechStyle, etc. We're a mobile entertainment leader in the gaming industry, and also one of the world’s most innovative companies.
What You Will Do:
- Be a cultural ambassador + event planning maniac while efficiently running dozens of employee engagement programs such as anniversaries, clubs, clans, ERGs, fitness, massages, dogs and more.
- Plan and execute memorable events, both in-office and offsite, that have a wow factor while staying in budget; game launches, team outings, all-company trips, holidays, celebrations, happy hours etc. (occasional evening/weekend event coverage may be required)
- Own all day-to-day administrative functions (supplies, expenses, shipping, running errands as needed, maintaining vendor relations, etc.)
- Proactively source, evaluate and manage a growing network of 15-25+ different vendors
- Fulfill incoming requests, resolving conflicts and prioritizing competing needs with little to no supervision
- Assist in building out and operating a six figure budgetCreate a successful, interactive onboarding plan that you will lead weekly for new hires
- Work closely with a variety of people, in various departments and be the 'go to' person for building a phenomenal office environment
- Ensure Scopely is a terrific place to come to work by spearheading awesome, creative initiatives and create a memorable employee experience from start to finish
- Drive the evolution of the company's culture to make it L.A.'s most desirable tech start-up
What You Will Need:
- You are warm, positive and personable, have a genuine interest in people and know how to handle all types and tones to get to the solution
- Strong experience supporting a fast pace office of 150+ people or large scale event management, specifically around operations and managing experiences, with longevity in previous roles
- You are passionate about creating an amazing workplace and own everything you touch
- An understanding of the importance of company culture as well as your ability to help create and improve it
- You anticipate needs rather than put out fires and are always 5 steps ahead; proactive and forward thinking
- A willingness to do whatever it takes and a rockstar attitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work under the pressure of deadlines without losing your extreme attention to detail and communication
- Tech-savvy, resourceful and creative problem solver with demonstrated ability to resolve issues both on-site and remotely; excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills; very comfortable with technology (think Apple, Slack, Google Drive, Jira, Trello and MS Office)
- You love being part of a healthy, high performing team and improve it by being there
- Bonus points if you are a gamer!
Perks of Working at Scopely:
- Opportunity to join one of the fastest growing tech companies in LA and work with industry thought leaders
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Medical, Health, and Dental, 401(K)
- Daily catered meals, kitchen stocked full of drinks and snacks
- Open vacation and sick policy, frequent company events, massages, and game lounge
- Dog friendly office space located on the hip Hayden Tract in Culver City